Hotel & Service
4-star Romantik Hotel Bülow Residenz
We are delighted to welcome you at our 4-star Hotel Bülow Residenz and are pleased to look after you whilst you are staying with us. We hope you will enjoy the genuine hospitality and the personal service which are our hallmark in Dresden and beyond.
The personal touch and the genuine passion of the entire team set the hotel apart from other venues - from offering advice during the reservation process to compiling a personalised program of cultural events.
Characterised by its diversity and vitality, Dresden's theatrical scene is home to all categories of performing arts. It includes the Semper Opera House, the new Operetta, cabaret and the Projekttheater, as well as open-air performances. We are delighted to organize tickets for your favorite performance.
Guided Tour – our diverse range of additional events
Would you like a bouquet of lovingly selected flowers in your room? Or a bunch of roses to adorn your breakfast table on the morning of your anniversary? We will take care of it.
The Elbe Cycle Path is Germany’s favourite long distance cycleway. From our Hotel Bülow Residenz, the distance to Schloss Pillnitz is only approximately 12 kilometres and includes a short crossing of the Elbe river by boat. The distance to the Elbe Sandstone Mountains is approximately 30 kilometres. A perfect trip for a whole day excursion. Hiring a bicycle is easy – just ask our colleagues at the reception. As a ADFC certified hotel we are offering parking facilities, a repair set and cycle tour maps.
A warm welcome awaits your four-footed friend at our hotel. Of course there is a dog setup (including a water bowl and welcome snack) available upon request. If required, we can also organise a dog-sitter, an appointment at the dog parlour, or with the vet.
To cover the costs of special, additional cleaning of the bedroom, we charge a rate of € 15 per night for a pet.
To the Semper Opera, to a business date or to the airport: shuttle services with a chauffeur are tailored to your individual needs to make sure you get to your destination safely and relaxed.
How about a cosy picnic on the banks of the river Elbe with a basket full of wonderful delicacies from the Bülow kitchen? Enjoy the view of the famous Dresden silhouette. We provide an exclusive picnic basket with a blanket; filled with culinary delicacies from our friend Benjamin Biedlingmaier, star chef from the gourmet restaurant Caroussel.
Picnic basket 'Comfort’
For € 35 per person including:
- 3 kinds of canapées
- 3 kinds of salads
- Fruits & bite and sized vegetable sticks with dip
- 1 piece of homemade cake
- Non – alcoholic beverages
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
Picnic basket 'Deluxe’
For € 50 per person including:
- 3 kinds of gourmet – canapées
- Elevated finger food
- 3 kinds of salads `gourmetstyle’
- Fruits & bite and sized vegetable sticks with dip
- 2 pieces of homemade cake
- Non – alcoholic beverages
- 1 bottle of local sparkling wine
- Homemade pralines for € 3 per piece
- Marinated salmon for € 10 per 100 g
- Caviar for € 69 per 30 g
- Wine from € 33 per 0.75 l
- Champagne from € 85 per 0.75 l
Deposit per picnic basket € 50
For optimal preparation, a timely advance order is desirable; at least 24 hours in advance. When ordering a picnic basket, we always ask for an advance payment including the deposit. The basket will be returned as soon as possible - but no later than the next day. If the basket is returned undamaged, you will receive your deposit back immediately.
You are welcome to make a binding reservation under:
+49 (0)351 8003291
Bülow Hygiene Concept
Precautions & Information for protection against reinfection with the coronavirus
In order to be able to welcome you again with us, we have adapted our processes in accordance with the Corona measures to offer you and our employees the best possible protection and the greatest possible safety.
The individual points are of course constantly adapted to the requirements of the federal and state governments.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Your host Ralf J. Kutzner & the Bülow Team
- Check-in and check-out will be contactless
- Room cards are disinfected before being issued
- Disinfectants and, if required, mouth and nose protection are available for you
- The meals will be served at the table as there will be no more a breakfast buffet
- Breakfast can also be ordered as room service
- In addition to the usual high quality cleaning, light buttons, door handles, remote controls, taps and toilets are also disinfected
- Our cleaning staff wears mouth and nose protection and gloves
- Our laundry guarantees hygienic cleaning of hotel bed linen and towels
Conferences and Celebrations
- We will provide all conference rooms with sufficient space
- In case participants should be connected via video, our internet access with a large enough capacity is available free of charge
- All premises are thoroughly aired during the coffee break
- Coffee breaks are offered separately and at different times
- Company and club parties for max. 10 persons are permitted
- Meetings/ gatherings in public space are approved for max. 100 persons (in closed rooms)
- At all entrances there are disinfectant dispensers and the hygiene guidelines
- Guests must wear a mouth and nose protector in all public areas, which can be taken off at the table in the breakfast area
- All employees wear a mouth and nose mask or a plexiglass visor
- Employees and guests who show symptoms of illness are not allowed to enter the company
- The public restrooms are cleaned and disinfected every hour
- All contact points such as elevator buttons, door handles and stair railings are regularly disinfected
- Our employees are continuously trained in the necessary hygiene guidelines
Last update: October 22, 2020, valid from October 27, 2020
Contact information of your partners at the Hotel Bülow Residenz
+49 (0)351 8003291
+49 (0)351 8003100
Ralf J. Kutzner
+49 (351) 800 30
Vice Executive Director
+49 (351) 800 31 48
Front Office Manager
+49 (351) 800 31 42
+49 (351) 800 31 76
+49 (351) 800 31 49
+49 (351) 800 32 17
Senior Sales Manager
+49 (351) 800 32 13
+49 (351) 800 32 00
+49 (351) 800 31 77
Location, Arrival & Parking
How to get to the Bülow Residenz Dresden
Our 4-star hotel is located at the heart of the city of Dresden. You can enjoy the perfect tranquillity of Dresden's historic Baroque quarter, yet only be a few minutes' walk away from the city's attractions, such as the Semper Opera House, Zwinger Palace, Royal Palace and the Frauenkirche church. The nearby river banks of the Elbe are perfect for a stroll, and the happenings in Outer New Town are also on the doorstep.
- By car: Well-developed motorways (A4 and A17) connecting Dresden with Prague, Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt lead right into the city centre.
- By train: The nearest station, Dresden – Neustadt, is approximately 600 metres from the hotel.
- By plane: Please use the Dresden International Airport.
- By bike: The beautiful cycling route Elberadweg is approximately 500 metres away from the hotel.
- Attention! Since 2019, the reception is no longer open 24 hours a day. If you wish to check in after 10 p.m., please do so at the reception of the neighbouring Hotel Bülow Palais (address: Königstraße 14).
Journey with route planner
The two-level underground car park of the neighbor hotel Bülow Palais provides 54 secure parking spaces for both hotel guests and locals. You are welcome to park your car over there.The parking area is situated within a walking distance of 50 m.
- First hour: € 1
- Every additional hour: € 1.50
- Day pass: € 20
Enjoy first impressions about our Hotel Bülow Residenz in that old and noble Manor House.
Here you find detailed reviews and recommendations of our 4-star Hotel Bülow Residenz
awards and news
London, August 2020
Number 14 of the Top 25 small German hotels by TripAdvisor
Based on millions of ratings and opinions from the whole world, our Bülow Residenz was honored by Tripadvisor. We are especially proud to be 14th place in the Top 25 of small German hotels.
Dresden, March 2020
New logo for Romantik Hotels
The Romantik hotel cooperation is being expanded. The new modern logo symbolizes it's values - tradition as well as opening up experiences and hospitality.
Dresden, June 2019
Earn Miles & More miles with Romantik Hotels
Romantik is a new partner of Miles & More. Guests now benefit from 500 miles per night and one mile per euro spent in over 200 family-run hotels across Europe.
Dresden, May 2019
Hotel Bülow Residenz receives again four stars
The hotel and restaurant association DEHOGA Sachsen has once again rated the Romantik Hotel Bülow Residenz in Dresden's baroque quarter as "Four Stars".
Dresden, March 2019
Guest favourite in Dresden
The Baroque Manor House and its history.
History is perceptible in the Hotel Bülow Residenz which is situated in one of the oldest streets in the Baroque Quarter.
The Manor House in the Rähnitzgasse was build in 1730 by master builder Johann Gottfried Fehre, not far from the important sites of his life’s major work and achievements, it was to be his private home in the new king’s city. Following the death of master architect Georg Bähr, Johann Fehre also completed the construction of the Frauenkirche. Today the facade of the manor house shines in bright yellow, an impressive sight with the ornately decorated baroque windows.
The Rähnitzgasse is one of the oldest streets in the baroque quarter. The Bülow Residenz -the little Grand Hotel- is directly adjacent to the Königstrasse and the Dreikönigskirche. Mr & Mrs Bülow acquired the former ramshackle Manor House in the early nineties, initially with the intention to create a head office for their company (Bülow AG). They fell in love with the building and decided to rebuilt and convert it to a luxury hotel. A few years later and following the investment of multiple millions of DM, the Bülow Residenz became the new star amongst Dresden hotels.
Horst and Monika Bülow are deeply committed hotel proprietors, keeping in touch constantly and visiting frequently. Since the opening of the Bülow Residenz over 20 years ago, the General Manager is Ralf J. Kutzner. He is responsible for the running of the hotel in all aspects. He accomplished the acceptance to the hotel association ROMANTIK Hotels & Restaurants.
The year 2010 marked the beginning of a new phase with the opening of the Relais & Châteaux Hotel Bülow Palais, just 50 m away and situated on the Königstrasse.